DINING OUT FOR LIFE 2017
ON THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2018, JOIN US AND THOUSANDS OF OTHERS AS WE
HELP OTHERS ONE SPOONFUL AT A TIME!
On Thursday, March 22, 2018, dine out for breakfast, lunch or dinner at participating restaurants and support people living with HIV/AIDS right here at home.
From Whistler to White Rock and across the Lower Mainland, our fantastic restaurant partners will contribute 25% of their food sales to A Loving Spoonful. All proceeds directly benefit the programs and services they provide free-of-charge, including:
- An average 100,000 meals per year delivered by volunteers to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
- Nutritional counselling and meal planning
- Easter Sundays where chefs donate their time to cook for a group of 50-60 people
- Family Pantry Program where families receive fruits, vegetables, and other pantry essentials.
- Snack Packs all clients receive: fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, juice, milk and more.
HIV/AIDS IN BC: In 2011, the Public Health Agency of Canada estimated 71,300 people living with HIV/AIDS in Canada — with over 25% residing in British Columbia. Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside maintains the highest HIV prevalence in the Western world, reaching as high 27%.
While new infection rates in B.C. have thankfully decreased, advanced therapies mean people with HIV/AIDS are living longer and the number of people who depend on the services of A Loving Spoonful continues to grow.
Dine out on Thursday, March 22, 2018 and make it a day to remember.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram