In 1991, Dining Out For Life® was created by an ActionAIDS (now Action Wellness) volunteer in Philadelphia. Today, Dining Out For Life is produced in 60 cities throughout the United States and Canada.
Licensees have access to more than 25 years of event history and experience when producing Dining Out For Life. Agencies around the country freely exchange event materials, sponsorship program structures, forms, designs and much more!
At this time, we are looking for AIDS Service Organizations to produce Dining Out For Life in the following cities/markets:
- Chicago, Illinois
- San Antonio, Texas
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Columbus, Ohio
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Jackson, Mississippi
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Richmond, Virginia
- Burlington, Vermont
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Toronto, Canada
Not-for-profit HIV/AIDS Service Organizations in these communities are encouraged to apply for a license to produce Dining Out For Life; applicant organizations must be in operation for a minimum of five (5) years, have a strong volunteer and donor base, and at minimum one paid staff person dedicated to fund-raising / special events. New licensees must attend the annual conference before producing a Dining Out For Life event.
- International Date. Licensees are encouraged to produce Dining Out For Life annually on the last Thursday in April to ensure maximum marketing and promotional opportunities. In 2017, the Dining Out For Life International Date takes place on Thursday, April 27. (Organizations are encouraged but not required to hold their Dining Out For Life event on the designated International Date.)
- Generally, one license per metropolitan area is awarded to a local HIV/AIDS service organization to produce Dining Out For Life. We look at an organization’s service footprint, the media market, and nearby communities already producing a Dining Out For Life event; this protects licensees from competing against each other for restaurants, diners, sponsors, and media partners.
- License Fee of $1,500* paid annually.
- Mentors. New licensees are assigned a seasoned mentor who will train and assist them during their first Dining Out For Life event.
- Committees. The following committees have been formed to enhance and expand the Dining Out For Life brand: Development & Sustainability, Licensing, Communications, Governance, Finance, Conference, and Executive.
- Annual Conference. Licensees are required to attend the annual Dining Out For Life conference which takes place mid-July. In 2017, the conference will be held in Phoenix, Arizona, and will be hosted by Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS.
* License fees are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based on a vote by the Dining Out For Life International Board of Directors.
To get started, please fill out the form below (please note- the form below is NOT the Dining Out For Life license application):