DINING OUT FOR LIFE Tuesday, March 25, 2014
EAT. DRINK. AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
DINING OUT FOR LIFE turns 20 on Tuesday, March 25, 2014.
On Tuesday, March 25, dine out for breakfast, lunch or dinner at participating restaurants and support people living with HIV/AIDS right here at home.
From Whistler to White Rock and across the Lower Mainland, our fantastic restaurant partners will contribute 25% of their food sales to registered not-for-profits Friends For Life and A Loving Spoonful. All proceeds directly benefit the programs and services they provide free-of-charge, including:
- Over 110,000 meals per year delivered to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
- Nutritional counselling and meal planning
- 60+ support therapies ranging from therapeutic massage to naturopathy, music therapy to yoga
- A weekly hot lunch program for youth affected by HIV/AIDS
- End-of-life care to people in their own homes
HIV/AIDS IN BC: In 2011, the Public Health Agency of Canada estimated 71,300 people living with HIV/AIDS in Canada — with over 25% residing in British Columbia. Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside maintains the highest HIV prevalence in the Western world, reaching as high 27%.
While new infection rates in B.C. have thankfully decreased, advanced therapies mean people with HIV/AIDS are living longer and the number of people who depend on the services of Friends For Life and A Loving Spoonful continues to grow.
On Tuesday, March 25, 2014, join us and thousands of others as we Eat. Drink. And Make a Difference.
Dine out on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 and make it a day to remember.