In 1991, Dining Out For Life® was created by an ActionAIDS volunteer in Philadelphia. Today, Dining Out For Life® is produced in 60 cities throughout the United States and Canada.
Licensees have access to more than 20 years of event history and experience when producing Dining Out For Life®. Agencies around the country freely exchange event materials, sponsorship program structures, forms, designs and much more!
- International Date. Licensees are required to produce Dining Out For Life® annually on the last Thursday in April. In 2014, Dining Out For Life® will take place internationally on Thursday, April 24.
- One license per city / media market is awarded to a local HIV/AIDS service organization to produce Dining Out For Life®. This setup protects licensees from competing against each other in the same media market.
- License Fee of $1,150* paid annually.
- Mentors. New licensees are assigned a seasoned mentor who will train and assist them during their first Dining Out For Life® event.
- Committees. The following committees have been formed to enhance and expand the Dining Out For Life® franchise: Sponsorship & Marketing, Social Media/Website, Membership, Finance, and Conference.
- Annual Conference. Licensees are required to attend the annual Dining Out For Life® conference which takes place mid-July. The host city for our 2014 conference will be announced soon.
* License fees are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based on a vote by the Dining Out For Life® International Board of Directors.
To get started, please fill out the form below: