In 1991, Dining Out For Life® was created by an ActionAIDS volunteer in Philadelphia. Today, Dining Out is now produced in 60 cities throughout the United States and Canada.
Licensees have access to 20 years of event history and experience when producing Dining Out For Life®. Agencies around the country freely exchange event materials, sponsorship program structures, forms, designs and much more!
- International Date. Licensees are required to produce Dining Out For Life® annually on the last Thursday in April. In 2013, Dining Out For Life® will take place internationally on Thursday, April 25.
- One license per city / media market is awarded to a local HIV/AIDS service organization to produce Dining Out For Life®. This setup protects licensees from competing against each other in the same media market.
- License Fee of $1,150* paid annually.
- Mentors. New licensees are assigned a seasoned mentor who will train and assist them during their first Dining Out For Life® event.
- Committees. The following committees have been formed to enhance and expand the Dining Out For Life® franchise: Sponsorship & Marketing, Social Media, Membership, Website and Conference.
- Annual Conference. Licensees are required to attend the annual DOFL conference which takes place mid-July. Broward House is hosting the 2013 annual conference taking place July 10-12 at the fabulous Embassy Suites Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
* License fees are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based on a vote by the Dining Out For Life® International Board of Directors.
To get started, please fill out the form below: