In 1991, Dining Out For Life® was created by an ActionAIDS volunteer in Philadelphia. Today, Dining Out For Life is produced in 60 cities throughout the United States and Canada.
Licensees have access to more than 20 years of event history and experience when producing Dining Out For Life. Agencies around the country freely exchange event materials, sponsorship program structures, forms, designs and much more!
- International Date. Licensees are encouraged to produce Dining Out For Life annually on the last Thursday in April to ensure maximum marketing and promotional opportunities. In 2015, Dining Out For Life will take place internationally on Thursday, April 30.
- Generally, one license per city / media market is awarded to a local HIV/AIDS service organization to produce Dining Out For Life. This setup protects licensees from competing against each other in the same media market.
- License Fee of $1,150* paid annually.
- Mentors. New licensees are assigned a seasoned mentor who will train and assist them during their first Dining Out For Life event.
- Committees. The following committees have been formed to enhance and expand the Dining Out For Life franchise: Sponsorship & Marketing, Social Media/Website, Membership, Nominating, Scholarship, and Conference.
- Annual Conference. Licensees are required to attend the annual Dining Out For Life conference which takes place mid-July. In 2014 the conference was held in Palm Springs, California, and hosted by Desert AIDS Project. The 2015 conference Host City will be announced shortly.
* License fees are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based on a vote by the Dining Out For Life® International Board of Directors.
To get started, please fill out the form below (please note- the form below is NOT the Dining Out For Life license application):